Eat like a man – and lose weight!

By Susie Burrell | Jun 02, 11 01:23 PM

Many women would like to think that when it comes to weight loss, they have a thing or two to teach the men in their life - but as nutritionist Susie Burrell discovers, paying more attention to the way men eat can help shed the kilos…

For men, weight loss is simple. There doesn’t seem to be the, “oh, but I have been good” mental debates, or justifications of, “just one and I will make up for it tomorrow”.  Generally, they approach weight loss much the same way as they approach life - with a singular focus on what they are doing, no exceptions.

Here are the top tips we can take from men when working on our own weight loss.

1) Don’t think, just do. No rationalisations, no excuses. Get a plan and stick to it.

2) Ignore the influence of others. Don’t worry what your friend is doing just concentrate on what you need to do.

3) Get a plan that suits you and stick to it. Whether it is CSIRO, Biggest Loser, your PT, whatever suits you; just follow it.

4) No excuses. Adjust your thinking so you see ways to achieve what you want, not excuses as to why you have not done it.

5) Keep focused on the end target. By focusing on your long term goal weight it will be easier on a daily basis to make the decisions you need to stay on track

Susie Burrell is a Dietitian/Nutritionist. More info at www.susieburrell.com.au. Susie is also a Business Chicks Premium member and you can connect with her here.

comments

log in to add comments or Join (It's fast!)

Comments (229) | Add a comment

capol capol
By capol capol ACT | Feb 21, 2017, 11:34 PM

Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post! electrician apprenticeship program Reply

Jigar seo
By Jigar seo SA | Feb 21, 2017, 11:10 PM

That is the amazing attitude, in any case is simply not make each sence at all proclaiming about that mather. Practically any system an abundance of thanks notwithstanding i had attempt to advance your own particular article into delicius in any case it is obviously a predicament utilizing your data destinations would you be able to please recheck the thought. much appreciated yet again. a level chemistry tuition Reply

My Link
By My Link OT | Feb 21, 2017, 09:52 PM

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. 5 tips for local business Reply

Ashar Seo
By Ashar Seo QLD | Feb 21, 2017, 09:30 PM

A fascinating dialog is value remark. I feel that it is best to compose more on this matter, it may not be an unthinkable theme however generally people are insufficient to chat on such subjects. To the following. Salud. trucking insurance Reply

jamsmalik jamsmalik
By jamsmalik jamsmalik SA | Feb 21, 2017, 08:44 PM

Thanks, that was a really cool read! perfumes with pheromones for women Reply